Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Fucking Christmas.

Christmas is always entertaining in my family. i guess we all enjoy a little drama. it gets us through the day? I'm no too sure, either way we are either causing it or are being pulled into it. my step sister is a 16 year old little shit. no joke she is so spoiled. and it pisses me off, she is all about material things and all the up to date things that are in. don't get me wrong i enjoy things like that as well. but i sure as hell will not cry if i don't get my way!! this is what happen Christmas eve. my mom has been trying really hard to show my step dads kids that she isn't an evil person. regardless of how much their mother says she is. so she thought it would be great if his kids and me (her only kid) would get together and exchange gifts. it was a 30 dollar limit and it was going to be like the Chinese gift exchange were you draw a number and only get one gift. so when my step sister found this out she wasn't too happy about it. after the game was over she was the one that ended up with the best gift. ($100 visa gift card and a $25 gift card to Chili's, way over $30) and she said 'ugh, i don't like this game, its stupid. i think me need to get multiple gifts. is there anyway i can exchange this gift for a IPhone? cause this one is really lame!" my step dad simply said "no electronics this year i told you that so that is that." back up really fast!- my dad was NOT going to buy her a iPhone anyway because she continues to break the phone she has already and with the iPhone you only get two replacements a year if it breaks and that's only if you have insurance on the phone. okay so after she said that i added (not in a rude tone at all!) 'christmas is about Jesus' birthday and family getting together to celebrate that, its not about what gift you get. its sad that a lot of people seem to make that what its all about.' and the chick starts CRYING!!! we all ignore it cause i mean it was stupid to get all dramatic about such a simple thing. so a few minutes go by and i cant hold my tongue any longer! at all!! so i said to her 'i may be way out of line right now but i cant hold it in any longer. Miranda, why are you so upset that you didn't get an iPhone you already knew that there weren't going to be any electronics this year!' and of course she gets even more upset because...because...shit i don't know why she got so dang upset. so Josh her older brother adds, 'well its been put on hold for a long time, she has been wanting an iPhone for awhile now and she still has yet to receive it'
so then i told him 'shes 16 years old what exactly does she need an iPhone for?!' then....he started crying! no joke! he started fucking crying! and I'm like what the hell did i say! Miranda then looked at me and said 'you don't understand, my mom has been there for US our entire life, she has bought us everything we ever needed and wanted. obviously she has been there for us. and our dad,well he hasn't.' i asked her 'so your dad has to buy you things in order to know that he is there for you?' (i mean right? that's some dumb ass shit to say) she told me 'its not that its..' i don't know what the hell she was saying cause i was sooo pissed she would even try to pull that bull on me! i cut her off and said 'i can NOT believe you are trying to play that pity card! you three are sooo fucking lucky to even have a dad that wants to be in your life, let alone receive gifts from him. my real dad wants nothing to do with me! he doesn't call just to see what I'm doing, or even say 'hi' when we run into each other! you three see your dad more often then i see mine and my dad lives her and your dad lives 4 hours away. that shut them up. good. me and Seante (my dads other daughter) get up and give my step dad and my mom a hug and kiss. thank them for dinner and leave. (oh Seante feels the same exactly way. Seante wasn't raised by Miranda's mom so she is nothing like them thank heaven) Josh later called me and says he is sorry about getting so upset over nothing. he didn't know my situation. i wouldn't even accept it. i just told him 'its just really sad that there are people like you who are always wanting more. its about giving not receiving. and I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. you really hurt your dad by only calling when you three need something. later that night my step dad took me and Seante out to this giant tree in town to take pictures, and while we were all enjoying ourselves he stopped and told us, 'you two girls, you two are the best daughters in the world. and i love that you love me regardless of what i buy you!
i love my step dad, he is more of a father then i ever had. and i know he doesn't have to be.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment